First Aid/CPR Instructor Transition
Fee per person: $226
Description: This course meets the EMSA First Aid/CPR/AED Title 22, Section 100023, requirements, established April 1, 2015. This course provides current First Aid/CPR instructors with the required skills to instruct the EMSA First Aid/CPR/AED course.
- Provide current instructors with the skills to meet EMSA requirements
- Provide current instructors with mass casualty incident response skills
- EMSA topics to include Tactical Casualty Care Principles, Hemostatic Dressings, Wound Packing, Chest Seals, AED, Dental Emergencies, and Tourniquets
- Understand local optional skills approval process from LEMSA
- Evaluation of current First Aid/CPR/AED standards
- Integration with EMS during criminal mass casualty incidents
- Tactical Casualty Care including Tourniquets and “Stop the Bleeding” procedures
- Assisting victims with Naloxone, COPD, Auto-Injectors, and locally approved processes
Who Should Attend: Peace officers or current First Aid/CPR Instructors who support Basic Academy and/or agency training programs. The course is also open to other trainers who are required by EMSA Title 22, Section 100023, standards established April 1, 2015.
Applicants will be required to provide a copy of their current instructor certificate and pass a pre-course written examination.
Length and Cost: 8-hour course prepares graduates to teach the POST First Aid/CPR/AED Update course.
All classes are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. POST Reimbursement Plan IV; POST-approved, non-reimbursable fee: $226
Locations and Dates: Future presentations will be scheduled as needed. If you are interested in this training and would like to be placed on the waiting list, please click here.
Regulation or Legal Requirements: CA Emergency Medical Services Authority (EMSA), Title 22, Section 100023, established April 1, 2015 and effective April 1, 2017.
Certification: POST course certification 1179-21799. POST Reimbursement Plan IV (Note: POST reimbursement reinstated effective March 26, 2018)
Please register and pay online below. Select the number of students registering, click on the course start date and select Book Now. Choose “View Cart” (at top of page) to finish the registration/payment process.
If paying by check or offline, please contact us at email@example.com.
We are seeking host sites for additional presentations approved by POST. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested!